Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

Ba insists he's staying at Newcastle


  • The 27-year-old Senegal international has spent the months since it emerged that there is a release-clause in his contract fending off speculation that he could leave this summer.
    Despite repeated denials that he is looking for a way out of the club, he continues to be linked with a series of suitors, the latest rumour suggesting that he could be used to help broker a deal to take Liverpool's Andy Carroll back to the north-east.
    However, with just days to go until that particular clause expires on July 31, Ba has spoken out once again.
    Speaking to the Journal from Newcastle's training base in Portugal, he said: "I don't care what is being said. I think it's part of the game.
    "However, I have never said anything other than I love being at Newcastle.
    "If they hear something from me about my future, that is the truth. Otherwise, everything that is said is not true.
    "The newspapers and I are not very friendly at the moment. For months and months and months, people have been talking about me, but there is nothing happening.
    "Of course, I am looking forward to next season with Newcastle. We just have to build on the progress we made last season. For me, I just can't wait to start the first game."
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-

0 comments:

Post a Comment